ACM SIGCHI Summer School on
User Modeling and Personalization in Urban Computing
September 9-13, 2019
- Introduction to the summer school.
- Lecture on “Urban Computing: concepts, applications and methodologies”
- Lecture on “Crowdsensing and its applications to smart cities”
- Student Working Groups. Hands-on experience with a mobile app and analysis of the gathered location-based data. Discussion on the most effective techniques for the visualization and analysis of geo-data.
- Evening: welcome dinner.
- Lecture on “An overview of cross-domain data fusion”.
- Lecture on “Social media meets urban computing”.
- Interactive tutorial on data analytics for behavioural urban data.
- Lecture on “Data-driven urban planning. Discovering urban functional zones based on human mobility”.
- Round table with novel uses of the physical web and student pitches of future apps based on this emerging technology.
- Social event
- Lecture on “User modeling for location-based services”
- Students work on adaptive services and design on personalized systems
- Lecture on "Personalized spatial support for people with special needs".
- Students work on the design of a personalized location-based service for people with cognitive/physical disabilities
- Lecture on “The Spirit of The City”.
- Final student presentations and discussion on building a sustainable online community around the summer school topic (e.g. through social media).
- Closing event.